I made it. Sixty-six years old!
So how does it feel?
I asked myself that last year. The answer’s pretty much the same as then…
It feels like when I was younger. You know — 65, 64…?
But a year ago, I hadn’t published any novels and here I am, finalizing #3.
My wife and I had a quiet day, just the two of us for lunch at my favorite Curry House followed by her wonderful chocolate orange cheesecake.
Last year, I was in the UK and celebrated with my Mom at her care home.
But this year I didn’t celebrate it with my Mom. She’s no longer around to share anything with. So I set aside a little time for quiet reminiscing.
And what do I hope for in the coming year?
- Another birthday!
- Sanity to infect the world’s governments (requested for the 2nd year running)
- Continuing sales growth for my novels
- A few more speaking parts in movies
- My daughters to receive the rewards they have labored for and deserve
That “coming year” is starting with a bang
- I’m finalizing my next novel for beta readers to feast on during October
- Starting to pack for my month-long USA road trip
- The movie “Toy Gun” premieres in Luxembourg on Thursday (I had a tiny part in it)
- I’m meeting with a theater group who might stage my sci-fi play, “Grandfather? (An intimate family tale of quantum mechanics, causal loops, and casual sex)“
Busy, busy… but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Meanwhile, whichever birthday YOU experience next, may it be a great one!
11 thoughts on “66 and Counting…”
Hye, you’re still a youngster… just getting up to optimum speed! Happy Birthday!
And thanks for the birthday wishes.
Many Happy Returns, Andy! And congratulations on publishing your 3rd novel. We’re like a good red wine – just get better with every year. 😀
Number 3 isn’t out yet… but very close! And thanks for your good wishes.
Break a leg! In a nice way. 😀
I know what you mean.
I always thought.. if actorly best wishes are “break a leg”, then are writerly good wishes “break a spine”?
Gah! I hope not. Maybe ‘twist a pinky’?
lmao – mum’s the word. 😀
Happy birthday. Check out my blog…it’s about you. Scifibookreview
I saw! Many thanks for casting a light on my writerly efforts.